Rental Home Atlanta’s Pet Policy
We are generally pet friendly and accept cats & dogs. Fish & small mammals that are kept in cages/aquariums are not charged a pet fee, but need to be disclosed on the Pet Application.
There are circumstances where we will limit the number and size of the animals based on the individual property.
We have a pet application & we require a picture of any pet on property. This is for proper identification of your pet.
However, pets are a privilege and therefore come with responsibility. We have a very pro-animal pet agreement that you must adhere to. Here are a few examples of what you will need to agree to:
- Tenants agree that only those pets that were disclosed on the Tenant Application are allowed.
- Tenants agree to keep their pet under control at all times.
- Tenants agree to keep their pet restrained, but not tethered, when it is outside their dwelling.
- Tenants agree to adhere to local ordinances, including leash, vaccination and licensing requirements.
- Tenants agree not to leave their pet unattended for unreasonable periods.
- Tenants agree to clean up after their pet and to dispose of their pet’s waste properly and quickly.
- Tenants agree not to leave food or water for their pet or any other animal outside their dwelling where it may attract other animals.
- Tenants agree to keep their pet from being unnecessarily noisy or aggressive and causing any annoyance or discomfort to others and will remedy immediately any complaints made to the Management or authorities.
- Tenants shall be liable for any damage or injury whatsoever caused by the pet(s) and shall pay landlord or landlord’s agents or employees immediately, upon demand, for any and all costs incurred by landlord as a result of damage or injury caused by the pet(s). Tenants agree that the security deposit called for under this agreement may or may not cover these damages, and that Tenants shall be responsible for any and all damages in excess of security deposit.
Due to insurance restrictions, under NO circumstances are the following dog breeds or mixed breeds of these dogs allowed**:
- Alaskan Malamutes
- Belgium Malinois (German Shepherds)
- Chow Chows
- Doberman Pinschers
- German Shepherds
- Mountain Cur
- Pit Bulls
- Presa Canarios (Pit Bull)
- Staffordshire Bull Terrier (Pit Bull)
- Siberian Huskies
Pet deposit amounts are on a sliding scale based on weight and number of pets. The minimum deposit is $350.00 for the smallest dog/cat & it goes up based on weight & breed type. If you have multiples, there will be additional deposit required.
If you are concerned about the amount of deposit – send the Pet Application & pictures of your pet to Info@RentalHomeAtlanta.com and we will quote you the deposit amount.
$200 of the deposit is a non-refundable fee for the privilege of having a pet. The remaining amount is refundable provided that there is no damage to the home.
We hope that provides you the information you need to determine if you are able to move forward with renting one of our properties.
RHA Management Team
** Certified Service Dogs are not considered Pets and are subject to the ADA guidelines.